Saturday, July 16, 2011

SoCal Trip in Review

Hello there! I may be a bit late in posting this (I returned on Sunday). But hey, better late than never! =^.^=

The rail trip was fun, save for the massive red-light delays, retro-80s trivia games, and phones dying from forgotten chargers. I have thoroughly enjoyed the features not found on the California Trains (like true Dining cars and lounges), and save for not getting to the Coast for much of the trip, the view was outstanding! Of course, aside from those plusses, it made me realize that California runs their trains a lot better than the National Amtrak, but that's another story that I'll elaborate on in a later post. Regardless, I have realized that the clickety-clack of the trains makes it difficult to draw well; no matter what medium you're using, you're bound to make a mistake due to sudden movement x.x

Anyways, I spent the following to days in LA visiting Family, going to the LA County Museum, as well as Universal. The museum was larger than I expected, and was pretty neat. They had a Tim Burton exhibit going on, which was...interesting. The huge contrast between his early, cartoony work and the current 'Nightmare Before Xmas' Style is rather jarring.

As for Universal, I'll some it up like this:
* Good, but could be better
* BTTF > Simpsons
* Too many rides squirting water at you, to the point that it's an obvious gimmick.
* Terminator is dated, a Portal ride seems like a fitting replacement.
* Regardless, I feel Disneyland still has a better value, although Citywalk is pretty neat.

And People do, indeed, use LA's Subways (yes, they do exist) - I could hardly find a seat on the crowded trains @.@

Anyways, to avoid the broken record syndrome, that should do it. Now, to get some sleep! ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment